Modify incoming message body

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I'm trying to modify the body of a message after it's already arrived in the inbox.

The UpdateMessage graph api seems to do the trick, but the docs say that it's not supposed to be supported. 

I don't mind deleting the message and creating a new one instead, but i didn't find a way to do that either.

Any ideas?

11 Replies
There exist several ways to do what you want.
But may I ask why do you need this feature?
What about a real sender of an email you have received and modified?
Hi Victor.
Thanks for replying.
I want to build a product which augments emails with relevant data.
what do you mean by 'what about a real sender..'?
I just mean if a sender will be happy knowing you modifying his email?
What matters is if the enterprise decides to install such a product that modifies incoming emails.
For example adding a sentence like ‘scanned for viruses by xxxx’ seems perfectly fine to me, and I’m pretty sure it’s being done by some companies.
How exactly do you want to modify emails? Could you provide an example of the message before and after modification?
Why does it matter?
I want to change the contents of the mail body. Let’s say as a made up example that i want to run a spell checker and fix any spelling errors in the incoming email.
Sorry but you provided a bad example. What if I, as a sender,, want to use some jargon words?
And I do no want you to correct my jargonisms?
As I said, it’s a made up example, and the point is to explain the technical requirements. I’m here for technical assistance, and not for a business - product discussion..
OK, let's finish. I gave you a technical suggestion in the other thread.
Thank you :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: I will try it
این مسئله که باید در روز حداقل هشت لیوان آب بنوشید و یا تصور این که مصرف آب کمتر از این مقدار سلامتی ما را تهدید میکند اشتباه است. <a href="https://www.clinicman.org/%d9%86%d9%88%d8%b4%db%8c%d8%af%d9%86-%d8%a2%d8%a8-%d8%a8%db%8c%d8%b4-%d8%a...">نوشیدن بیش از حد آب حتی ممکن است منجر به مرگ شود</a>. زمانی که شما خودتان را مجبور به نوشیدن آبی بیشتر از نیازتان می کنید در معرض ابتلا به نوعی مسمومیت با آب قرار می گیرید. هیپوناترومی (کم سدیمی خون) زمانی اتفاق می افتد که میزان سدیم خون انسان از حد طبیعی و استاندارد خود پایین تر بیاید و نوشیدن بیش از حد مایعات می تواند یکی از عوامل ابتلا به چنین مشکلی بشود.