Migrating to Microsoft 365 GCC High

Copper Contributor

I am in the process of provisioning Microsoft 365 G3 (GCC High) licenses  for a company that is already verified as eligible. They are currently on the commercial cloud.

Is it just a matter of provisioning the new licenses and assigning them to the users in the Admin center or is there more to it? ie. migrating data, setting security policies, etc

5 Replies

@SherifBadwy 

Did you ever get a solution to this question?  I am preparing to do the same for a small company and need some direction.  Thanks.

Hi@Matthew_ARM_Auto,

Yup, and its defintely not a matter of just provisioning the licenses. First, you need to be getting the licenses from an AOS-G provider. Here are a list of companies: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-government/documentation-government-csp-list 

I'm assuming you're a partner. GCC tenants have special configuration requirements and there are a lot of security rights to consider that are not in your standard MS365 admin. In short, you'll be a little lost if you don't know what you're doing. 

I had to reach out to another partner and ask them to help. 

If you want me to connect you to them you can PM me. 

Hi Members,

We are a GCC-High Partner and are happy to give you a free assessment and roadmap on your GCC High or DOD deployments. Please contact me here if you are interested in the license requirements or Compliance frameworks we support.

@Kidd_Ip 

Your reply is for standard GCC requirements and do not conform to GCC-high or Azure for Government needs.