Migrate Zimbra to Exchange Online

Copper Contributor

Hi all,
Im going to migrate Zimbra to Office 365. So have to configure mail flow coexisting between Office and Zimbra for user in 2 email system can send message to each other.

Both of Zimbra and Office 365 using the same smtp domain like abc@mydomain.com. And the MX record pointed to Zimbra

1/ At the Zimbra i was configure forwarding in each mailbox for forward message from Zimbra to mailbox in Office 365 -> Its Worked
2/ In the Office 365 i was created a internal relay connector to Zimbra server -> Stuck.

So the issue is when sender from Office 365 to sending a message to recipient in Zimbra. The message status was delivered but when i trace message in Office 365, but after that i receive that
" mail.mydomain.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

recipient@mydomain.com (recipient@mydomain.com)
Your message was rejected by the recipient email server. Please check the recipient's email address and try resending your message, or contact the recipient directly. For more tips to help resolve this issue, see DSN code 5.1.0 in Exchange Online - Office 365. If the problem continues, contact your email admin.

mail.mydomain.com gave this error:
<sender@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: mydomain.com"

So guys please help me to resolve this issue. I don't know why Zimbra is rejected the message. Should i do any action ? Thanks a lot ^^

6 Replies
Zimbra is believing that you are spoofing the domain name, so you would need to ask them to allow emails originating from Office 365 to be permitted senders.
Hi Tutrieu have you add this section "include:spf.protection.outlook.com" in the SPF record of your domain ?

@tutrieu i recommaned #1 - KDETools Zimbra to Exchange Converter tool 

also Migrate multiple users from Zimbra to Exchange server by access global admin account with mapping option directly..!

If you are searching for some cost-effective tool to migrate Zimbra file to Exchange Server, then you can use KDETools Zimbra to Exchange Server Migration Tool. It is the safe and secure tool which can effectively migrate Zimbra file to Exchange Online and other file format such as PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, PDF and etc. The software also supports any type of corrupted Zimbra file and restores data without any issue. This software does not make any modification during conversion.
Thanks for KDETools Zimbra to Exchange migration tools, its worked perfectly

download free https://www.kdetools.com/zimbra/exchange/

@tutrieu 

Refer this for the error, please make sure you do have connector IP address whitelist and those related setting for the connection:

Fix NDR error 550 5.1.0 in Exchange Online - Exchange | Microsoft Learn