Microsoft Office Standard 2019 volume license activation

Copper Contributor

Hello I am new to this forum and wanted to ask a question - I had downloaded a configuration.xml file from https://config.office.com and installed MS Office Standard 2019 (Volume License) through Office Deployment Tool setup.exe and checked the activation status of the Office which shows that "Product needs activation" although the configuration file have the PID Key set to the GVLK of MS Office Standard 2019 (Last 5 digits of product key: 9D9HK).

Is there anything am I doing wrong in activation process of volume license editions of MS Office?

Help me in this regard of activating MS Office product.

4 Replies

@BCMInd1260,

Verify that the config file has the following <PIDKEY Value="AAAAABBBBBCCCCCDDDDDEEEEE" /> (AAAAABBBBBCCCCCDDDDDEEEEE should be replaced with your Product Key).

Also, I don't know if you are an Administrator, so you might need to enable a non-admin user to activate an Office by using MAK.

Activate volume licensed versions of Office by using MAK - Deploy Office | Microsoft Docs

@davidbmarker 

You can see the content of Configuration file :-

<Configuration ID="8b4eb8be-3d7c-43e5-bd62-d2599ad52ec2">
<Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="PerpetualVL2019">
<Product ID="Standard2019Volume" PIDKEY="6NWWJ-YQWMR-QKGCB-6TMB3-9D9HK">
<Language ID="en-us" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Outlook" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />
</Product>
<Product ID="LanguagePack">
<Language ID="en-us" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="0" />
<Property Name="SCLCacheOverride" Value="0" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="0" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="FALSE" />
<Property Name="DeviceBasedLicensing" Value="0" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" />
<RemoveMSI />
</Configuration>

I also ran this config file using command prompt as an admin with Office Deployment Tool (setup.exe).

Do i have to connect to KMS server for successful activation of MS Office?

@BCMInd1260 Applies to: Volume licensed versions of Office 2019 and Office 2016, ... Active Directory-based activation enables an organization to activate volume licensed ... For example, Office Professional Plus 2019 is supported on Windows 10 but ... Pack from the Microsoft Download Center: Office 2019Office 2016.

@BCMInd1260,

So the key you have is a  Generic Volume License Keys (GVLK), and you will need to replace it with your MAK client activation key. If you want to use the KMS, you will need to stand up a KMS server on your network and license the KMS server to accept the GVLK of your Office Product.

KMS vs. MAK; Biggest difference is that KMS requires you to "re-activate," which is automatically done every 180 from client to KMS server to need some connection (VPN).