Microsoft Family safety blocks localisation of my Childs

Copper Contributor

Hi there, 

I am using the "Microsoft Family safety app" to "manage" and monitor my children's, but the "localisation" tells me for my Childs that Childs first have to give the permission to be localized.

In the Microsoft account, this option is enabled 'can be localized', but in the app, +I still can't use the feature. Something else to activate somewhere ?

Many thanks !

5 Replies

Someone to support on this please ?

For the older of my daughter, when I connect with her account on Microsoft account, I see the localisation is shared and I see my name as the person who can localize her .. though on Parental control app it says she is not sharing her position though her phone all is ok ...

For the youngest of my daughter, when I connect with her account on Microsoft account, I see the localisation is also shared, and I see my name as person who can localise her (although she has no option to disable this), though on Parental control app it says she is not sharing her position though her phone the localisation in Microsoft launcher is grayed out like it was not set ...

any help please ?

@cdelecole hi -Could you please explain what you mean by "localisation"? Do you mean location? On the kid's device, you have to grant location permission to Microsoft Launcher, sign in with kid's device and set MSL as the "Default launcher" after you have enabled the feature on accounts.microsoft.com

Then you should see you kid's location on your family card. 

Hello Anusha, I have this location (yes, I mean location on map) issue for my 2 daughters ... let us start by the first one, the one with RedMi Note 5 ... Microsoft launcher is the default launcher, all is configured (GPS is activated on the smartphone and "location" has a green check box meaning all is configured ("Activate location" and "Activate location service"). On the Microsoft account, being logged as Inès, I go to family -> Inès -> Manage permisisons -> I see it is enabled and I see my name as the only person being able to see her on the map.

cdelecole_0-1597128138279.png

Still on my Windows Safe Family app, Inès is not appearing and is mentioned as like Inès is not sharing her position ...

Can you please help further ?

Hello @Anusha_Bhatnagar any help you can provide here ?

All seems to be set in terms of localisation on the windows accoutn as well as on the smartphones, though it still doesn't show as my childs can be localized ??

Many Thanks !

Hello @Anusha_Bhatnagar any help you can provide here ?

Many Thanks in advance !