SOLVED

Microsoft 365 Personal personalised email address

Brass Contributor

Hi, as I understand it, Microsoft 365 Personal comes with one mailbox for a personalised email address such as user1@example.com.

Can the mailbox also be configured to receive email for user2@example.com and user3@example.com without further charge?

7 Replies
You can forward mail from those addresses to your address or you can just add more accounts in Outlook
Thanks for your reply. Although I'm not sure I can forward email for user2@example.com and user3@example.com if the mx records for example.com are pointing to Microsoft's servers?

There is no Exchange Online option in the Microsft 365 Personal offer, so adding domains/changing MX records won't do anything. If you have Exchange Online, then you will have a 365 tenant and you can add mail domains to it so that you can receive all @example.com email on it and add aliases to one mailbox to receive multiple email addresses in it. 

Adding the additional email accounts to your Outlook seems the easiest solution for you I guess?

So email forwarding for user2 and user3 is not an option on Microsoft 365 Personal? In which case I have one personalised email address with Microsoft 365 Personal and no option to receive email for further addresses on that domain?
I cannot add additional email accounts to the Outlook client if I have no way to receive the email for user2 and user3.
best response confirmed by DonnyM (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Can I set up multiple aliases on a single mailbox with my domain? (for example, sales@mydomain.com, info@mydomain.com, support@mydomain.com)

No, this isn't supported. If you want to create multiple aliases on a single mailbox with your domain, we suggest purchasing a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a5...
That's a shame, I only need one extra email address for Microsoft 365 Personal, even if it is only forwarded or aliased to the main one. It seems the only way to get it is spending a significant amount more money. Thanks for your help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DonnyM (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Can I set up multiple aliases on a single mailbox with my domain? (for example, sales@mydomain.com, info@mydomain.com, support@mydomain.com)

No, this isn't supported. If you want to create multiple aliases on a single mailbox with your domain, we suggest purchasing a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a5...

View solution in original post