Microsoft 365 (Business) - Public Calendar

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone

I have a question on Microsoft 365 (Business) Public Calendar.

I've created a shared mailbox named "Office" and use its Calendar as for whole company/Public Calendar.

Existing problem

When someone created a  new appointment and email to invite 3 ppl (eg. Usera, Userb and Userc) for attendees,  those UserA,B and C can received the invitation, but when those ppl accepted the invitation, the shared calendar will automatically added "Office" as one of the attendee.

My question, it seems using shared folder is not the correct way to add public calendar for a company. Can anyone give me some suggestion please, thank you

Gn00347026

5 Replies

@Gn00347026 

To add a public calendar for a company in Exchange Online, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Exchange Online account using your admin credentials.

2. Navigate to the Exchange Admin Center.

3. Click on "Public folders" under the "Recipients" section in the left-hand pane.

4. Click on the plus sign (+) to add a new public folder.

5. Select "Calendar" as the folder type.

6. Give the calendar a name and click "Save".

7. Right-click on the new calendar and select "Properties".

8. Under the "Permissions" tab, add the users or groups that should have access to view or edit the calendar.

9. Set the appropriate permissions for each user or group.

10. Click "Save" to save the changes.

Once you have completed these steps, the public calendar should be accessible to the users or groups that you have granted permission to. They can view and edit the calendar using their own Exchange Online account.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

Dear @eliekarkafy 

thank you for your reply. under exchange admin center, I cannot find the "Select "Calendar" as the folder type." option under recipents or public folders, thank~

Gn00347026_1-1679462250640.png

Gn00347026_0-1679462227779.png

Please refer to the below doc to create the public folder calendar and share it with your users . Hope this will help . Please don't firget to accept the answers if this solved your issue .

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/collaboration-exo/public-folders/public-folders-calendar
We just made the move to Microsoft 365. I have no experience managing IT but am by default. I want a "Public" calendar that all our users (12) can view & access INCLUDING ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICES! We need to have multiple categories in this calendar that can be toggled on/off we can see production, meetings, etc...This sounded like the way but it's not viewable on mobile apps. . HELP! I am totally lost.