Mac+Microsoft 365 + Teams ...One Drive issue

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I wonder if you can help me? 

I have a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription for Mac (which gives me 1TB of One Drive storage) and I am also using a free Teams app. When i try to upload a file to share in Teams, it tells me I dont have enough space to upload the file. 

I already have 3 files in the Microsoft Teams Chat Folder (totalling 22Mb).

1) I thought the free version of Teams gives 2 GB/user and 10 GB of shared storage - so i am nowhere near that.

2) I assume, that there is no way for my free Teams to use the One Drive i have in my 365 Personal Subscription, please tell me if thats right,

I am tearing my hair out. Do i need to upgrade my Teams just so i can add another small ppt to the Microsoft Teams Chat Folder?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
It is tricky when it comes to a Free Teams account and your personal subscription here are a few suggestions;

1- maybe stop using your free team and upgrade your personal M365 subscription and get the one that comes with the team.

2- use the same way it is on the free teams account you should be able to add new cloud storage. Go to Teams same files section there will be a + ADD Cloud Storage option select that > > SharePoint > Use a SharePoint Link > put your Onedrive link here so this way you will have your onedrive connected to your free team account Make sure to grant permission if the account's domains are different @outlook.com or @emrahkutlu.com

@PDostiyar thanks so much for your very helpful response. I will try the SharePoint fix that you suggest. Much appreciated :)