Limiting who can send end messages to Outlook 365 Distribution groups

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I want to now what is the thumb rule to limit who can send end messages to Outlook 365 Distribution groups, lets say you have a more than 50 such DGs which you want to be restricted & limited from sending anyone messages to these groups except explicitly what admin defined in the "Only senders in the following list" in EAC or admin center of 0365.

3 Replies
That's up to you, requirements will differ across organizations and scenarios. It's usually a good idea to restrict the "All users" type of groups, but really it is up to you. We have the controls, use them as necessary.

@Vasil Michev 

Thank you for your response,

I totally agree with you that the requirements differ across organizations and scenarios therefore its upto us however i was looking if their is any best recommendation approach or any documentation reference on when & how these controls can be applied based upon given a case case.

Dear Vasil, I am waiting if you can share any best recommendation approach or any MS documentation reference on when & how these controls can be applied based upon given a case case.