Limited RBAC role - Microsoft 365 Admin Center doesn't show link to Security & Compliance Center

Copper Contributor

Usability annoyance: In our production environment my personal admin account is assigned to one standard role:  Exchange Admin.   According to documentation the Exchange Admin role has and requires access to the Security & Compliance admin portal. I do have the correct rights and can access manually via the "https://protection.office.com"  URL and can perform management tasks.

Why doesn't the Microsoft 365 Admin Center UI display the link for me under All Admin Centers in the left hand navigation pane?

-Stu

3 Replies

Probably because it's a workload specific role, which only has limited access to the SCC. You should be able to use the Customize navigation button to add it yourself.

@Vasil Michev 

It only allows me to add "All admin Centers".  But, All "Admin Centers" only has Exchange in it.  No other options to manually add a link.

With the new Microsoft 365 Admin Center this should be consider a BUG.  Behavior should be to display all Admin Centers that a specific user has rights to.

-Stu

You can always use the feedback button on the portal.