SOLVED

Licensing SKUs for Microsoft 365 E3 or E5

Copper Contributor

I'm looking to understand the SKU and the portal assignments from moving from O365 E5 to M365 E5 (Microsoft 365 E5) licensing.

When the purchase is complete, will the SKUs change ?
For e.g I currently have O365 E5 + EMS E5. The SKUs appear as ENTERPRISEPREMIUM and EMPREMIUM respectively. Naturally all the Service plans appear under the respective SKU.

When the move occurs, will the SKU change to say SPE_E5 with all the relevant Service plans underneath ?

Would appreciate any clarity from anyone who has Microsoft 365 E5 (M365 E5) licenses.

7 Replies

I believe that's the plan in the future, but for the time being I'm yet to see a tenant showing the SPE/SPB SKUs. Instead I'm seeing the combination of the individual SKUs for O365/EMS/Windows.

Thanks @Vasil Michev. Is there any way I can get you to give me a screenshot of what the portal looks like with O365E5 & Windows 10 E ?

From my experience it depends on how your licensing provider distributes them to you. I've purchased the same licensing bundle for different organisations, some appear all under one as "Microsoft 365 E3" and sometimes they're seperated into "Office 365 E3", "EMS E3" and "Windows 10 E3".

If your licensing SKU's do change, there are simple powershell scripts out there that return a huge list of all of the individual SKUs assigned to your tenancy

Which portal, the Admin Center? It looks the same. Or do you mean the licensing page or?

@Vasil Michev The Admin portal thanks.

@Rhys Williams The client has purchased M365 E5 licenses. What I'm trying to decipher is if the licensing provider has made a mistake in the way the SKUs have been assigned. 

I know how to powershell in and see the SKUs that are assigned to the tenant.
I can't see the Windows 10 E5 SKU and neither does it appear to in the Admin Portal.

best response confirmed by Lelvis79 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The portal is the same, the only difference with M365 is that you can access the new Compliance/Security portals. You should be able to see the Windows licenses though:

AdminPortalWindows.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lelvis79 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

The portal is the same, the only difference with M365 is that you can access the new Compliance/Security portals. You should be able to see the Windows licenses though:

AdminPortalWindows.png

View solution in original post