SOLVED

Licensing for EDU

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Currently, we are on O365 A1 pro education license but we are looking to move to A3 or A5 license, however before we move to A3 or A5 plans, I would like to get some information listed below

1. What is difference between office 365 A5 and E5?

2. Does A5 includes AAD premium and intune subscription?

3. Do we need to buy separate enterprise Mobility+Security E5 plan or is it part of Office 365 E5?

Sometimes MS licenses are so much confusing. 

Thank you

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Divyang Patel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Here is a link to the product page that explains the difference between Office 365 A1, A3 and A5: https://products.office.com/en-us/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans

And no, Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 does not come in Office 365 E5.

However, if you purchase Microsoft 365 E5 it will include Enterprise Mobility + Security E5, Office 365 E5, and Windows 10 E5.

Thanks for your reply @Loryan Strant.

However I would like to know if there is any Education version of Microsoft 365 E5?

I've search a lot but could not find anything about it.

I believe there is, I'd suggest speaking to your licensing supplier.

@Divyang Patel wrote:

However I would like to know if there is any Education version of Microsoft 365 E5?

I've search a lot but could not find anything about it.

There is such a version, it's called Microsoft 365 Education A5!

Microsoft 365 Education.png

More details available here.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Divyang Patel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Here is a link to the product page that explains the difference between Office 365 A1, A3 and A5: https://products.office.com/en-us/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans

And no, Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 does not come in Office 365 E5.

However, if you purchase Microsoft 365 E5 it will include Enterprise Mobility + Security E5, Office 365 E5, and Windows 10 E5.

View solution in original post