Issues configuring "Shorten appointments and meetings" in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi community,

Hoping someone has recent experiences configuring this.

Was tasked to configure the setting mentioned in the subject field in september 2021. It was implemented and tested successfully. At this point clients were on SAEC version 2008.

The setting "End appointments and meetings early" was set to "Enabled" with no further setting and the defaults of 5/10 minutes was applied.

Fast forward a couple of months and we've upgraded to SAEC version 2108 in march/april 2022.

A couple of days ago it was reported that this setting is no longer in effect on workstations.

Validated that the GPO is getting applied by checking the registry keys on a sample of machines.

Checkbox in options is not marked but can be configured manually.

Sifting through forums, it appears I'm not the only one with this issue:

Feb 24, 2021 - 'End appointments and meetings early' feature now broken in Office Cloud Policy Service - Page 3 - M...

Feb 24, 2022 - Outlook End meeting Early GPO setting (spiceworks.com)

The variables in the posts obviously differs slightly from my situation but I would assume this is due to an update, changing the way these settings work in the registry.

Tried to update to the latest available ADMX templates (admintemplates_x64_5287-1000_en_us) but there are no changes to the settings related to this from what I can see.

Anyone tips on solving this?

Best Regards,

0 Replies