Issue with Outlook Teams plug-in using the wrong Teams account

Copper Contributor

We have people in our company that need to work with two different M365 accounts. We have them configured so that they use Outlook desktop and Teams desktop for their primary M365 account and they use a web browser to view Outlook (outlook.office.com) and Teams (teams.microsoft.com) to view their secondary account.

We have a very strange and intermittent problem where, when the user uses the New Teams Meeting button in their Outlook desktop, the meeting is created using the Teams meeting info from their secondary account even though they are signed on to Outlook using their primary account and they are signed on to Teams desktop with their primary account. The problem is not consistently reproducible.

I have a couple of questions related to this:

1. Where is the Teams plugin getting it's account information from when someone schedules a meeting?

2. Any suggestions on what may be causing this issue and suggestions to fix? The problem is causing havoc for the organization so any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Reply
Same "user" problem for my in the "Share to Teams" plugin in Outlook: it is using the email address and not the user account. We have different email address (an alias) and the plugin is not configurable. I think this is a bug, do you?