How to Disable the Viva Engage Core Service Plan

MVP

As part of its rebranding of Yammer to Viva Engage last week, Microsoft added the Viva Engage Core service plan to user accounts. Which is nice, unless a tenant had blocked Yammer. The new service plan means that accounts can now use Yammer In many cases, it won’t matter too much that users can now access Yammer, but in other instances it will. In any case, we should tidy up by removing the Viva Engage Core service plan from any account that already blocks Yammer. Some PowerShell does the trick, but it would have been nice if Microsoft had thought things through a little more.

https://office365itpros.com/2023/02/20/viva-engage-core-service-plan/

4 Replies
Brilliant, exactly what I needed. Thanks Tony.
Great stuff. I'm always happy to know that an article has helped someone.

Hello @Tony Redmond 

1. How can I disable Yammer and Viva Engage Core service plan at same time?

2. Most of the users are in group-based licensing how can I disable Yammer and Viva Engage Core service plan from these users account? 
Used this RemoveServicePlan3.PS1

I get this error:
Set-MgUserLicense : Service plan da792a53-cbc0-4184-a10d-e544dd34b3c1 for license 6fd2c87f-b296-42f0-b197-1e91e994b900 is not valid.
ErrorCode: Request_BadRequest

Please help on this.
Thank you

1. Pass the service plan ID for Yammer and Viva Engage Core when updating the license assignments.
2. Edit the group-based licensing settings to exclude the service plans from the assigned licenses.
3. Does the service plan exist in the licenses assigned to that account?