SOLVED

How can I integrate my existing outlook accounts with my office 365 subscription?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am a little confused on this. When I try to create a new office 365 tenant, the users get created in the following fomat, ex:

tahir@companyname.onmicrosoft.com

And when I open the Mail tab from the App launcher, a new outlook account gets created for the user. I don't wish to do this rather I am in a need to utilise already existing outlook accounts for my organisation for all users.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by tahir khan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Every customer gets one of those companyname.onmicrosoft.com addresses to match their tenant name but you can bring in your custom domain, so you can use whatever email address you require, to match your brand, company name etc.  These are the steps involved -  Add a domain and users to Office 365.

Also @tahir khan, check out this article - Get help with Office 365 domains.

a6972a0f-4efa-4575-ad68-94ff76708031

And to add to Ciam's comment, if you have an existing e-mail service where your users have all the e-mails, you have to plan for migrating e-mails, contacts and calendars to Office 365
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tahir khan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Every customer gets one of those companyname.onmicrosoft.com addresses to match their tenant name but you can bring in your custom domain, so you can use whatever email address you require, to match your brand, company name etc.  These are the steps involved -  Add a domain and users to Office 365.

Also @tahir khan, check out this article - Get help with Office 365 domains.

a6972a0f-4efa-4575-ad68-94ff76708031

View solution in original post