Hotkeys in the Portuguese (Brazil) version of PowerPoint 2016 and PowerPoint 2019

Copper Contributor

Esteemed members of the Microsoft Tech Community,

I am studying for a public tender and because of that I need to know the most important hotkeys that the Portuguese (Brazil) version of PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 uses. However, Microsoft Support pages and the program's Help only show the hotkeys for the English (US) version. For example, on the site Usar atalhos de teclado para criar apresentações do PowerPoint (microsoft.com), it is written that to open a new presentation, the hotkey is Ctrl+N. However, in the Portuguese (Brazil) version of Powerpoint, the correct hotkey is Ctrl+O.
Therefore, I would like to know if Microsoft provides a table with the hotkeys for the Portuguese (Brazil) version of PowerPoint 2016 and 2019.

In particular, I am in doubt about the hotkey that opens the "Open [as in, open a presentation]" dialog box. For instance, in Word 2019, the shortcut key for that is Ctrl+A. However, in Powerpoint, Ctrl+A opens the Font dialogue box, if the user is typing a text. So, what I ask of you to confirm is: a hotkey that opens the "Open" dialogue box actually exists in the Portuguese (Brazil) version of PowerPoint? If so, which keys must be pressed?

To clarify, I have been sent here by Microsoft Support. If this is not the right place to ask my question, please inform me.

Best regards!

0 Replies