SOLVED

Hide the 'works with' information on the Office 365 profile card

Brass Contributor

Hello,
Is it possible to hide the works with Information in the organization-tab on the Office 365 user profile cards?
And knows somebody how the works with Information will generated?
FYI: I disabled OfficeGraph in the SharePoint AdminCenter.

Thx

2019-07-24 08_51_19-Microsoft Office Home.png

66 Replies
Hi @RafaelVarela. I'm interested in this topic. Does 'the API response' still being 'null'? In the meanwhile it shows 'null', maybe the contact card for that group of users don't show the 'works with' section...¿? Thanks in advance!
Yes, unfortunately the API response returns a null and the 'works with' section is still shown as before.
Microsoft Premier Support told us the "Works With..." feature can only be disabled by their Engineering Team at the moment, for the entire tenant at once, by raising a request to them through a support case. I hope it is of interest to you.
Yeah, thank you very much!

@RafaelVarela 

Just to give my experience. 

"a week ago" I set disabledForGroup, did not work. Tested again today, still not able to set it, however out of curiosity, i tried setting /settings/itemInsights and it worked... 

The same with me. With /settings/itemInsights the return was then "isEnabledInOrganization": false". Now I'm curious if anything has changed in the function after 24h. I will keep you updated.

@Nicki Borell Could you report back on your results?

Tested some more today on ItemInsights.
On all test users, the text "Seems like _name_ hasn't shared anything with you lately." appears. 
However, on self, items appear. You can also get search result on the persons files.
For ItemsInsights, I would call that 90% success.

Hopefully, PersonInsight will work soon.

I can use the API as documented. No error comes up, however nothing does either. No matter in which combination.
No matter if I only used "isEnabledInOrganization: false”.
Or set it to a group with "disabledForGroup": "f12353948d-3423-4ac7-9616-d6237975c00g".
If what was written here by Jorge Agudo Martín is true: "".: "Microsoft Premier Support told us the "Works With..." feature can only be disabled by their Engineering Team at the moment" then it would be clear why it doesn't work when I try it via the API.
But then the docs would also be wrong: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/insightssettings-update

@Nicki Borell Thank you for the feedback. We incorporated some feedback from several customers which might have affected the controls. They should now be working. Kindly, run the commands again and share feedback. 

Hi Raymond, please run the peopleInsight settings now. All should be working.
Set this on 5 users (group) , so far Item Insights (files) disappeared almost immediately, people insights has been "on" for 22 hours and has so far no effect.
Checked settings, to see if they were not set and:
https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/organization/xxxx/settings/peopleInsights
"isEnabledInOrganization": true,
"disabledForGroup": "f8cxxxxxxxxx9a6"
Will update if any change.

@TheHailender There is currently a method to update the people insights within Graph explorer. It is still in preview and can take up to 24 hours to apply. 

Customizing people insights privacy in Microsoft Graph - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Docs

Hello, my first feedback after 24h: nothing has changed. The UPDATE via Graph Explorer was successful yesterday and I also get "isEnabledInOrganization": false for the GET. But the users see work-with as before. I have tried it now additionally with the filter on a group " isabledForGroup": "edbfe4fb-ec70-4300-928f-dbb2ae86c981" again.I will keep you updated
Update.
3 of 5 users has "lost works with". (45 hours since enabling).

Side effect, we have organization chart (manager registered). Selecting a "disabled" user does not show coworkers. However, selecting an "enabled" coworker shows the disabled user. For us, this does not matter what so ever and we totally do not care. Being in an organization chart is not an unintentional disclosure of information.

Hi @Raymond_666 , I have asked one of our devs to review this feedback and reach out to you and @Nicki Borell hopefully he can help resolve this. 

Final update from me. 

After about 50 hours, all initial test users in the group did not show any "works with". 
Additional 5 test users was added and everything works as expected. 

Perfect! Thanks. 

Hi Raymond, Do you mind sharing the tenant name and ID you are using with me. Even if it's a test account. I want to follow up.
It looks like you just have to wait long enough. 24h was definitely not enough, but now the setting is also working for me and "work-with" is no longer displayed for the users in the corresponding Azure AD group.
After investigation seems the issue is not the API, that works as it should, the cache is the issue, before it's refreshed it take time.