Some important Microsoft products are going to end of support in 2020, which include:
End of support means that Microsoft will no longer provide free security updates.
If you haven’t already, you should be planning and acting to upgrade or replace these products soon. For each product, there are multiple options. For example, there are three options for Exchange Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010:
- Stay on premises with an upgrade
- Migrate to the cloud with an upgrade and its corresponding online service (for example, a hybrid configuration of Exchange Server 2016 with Exchange Online)
- Move to the cloud with its corresponding online service (for example, moving from SharePoint Server 2010 to SharePoint Online)
For a visual summary of the products and their options, see the new Office 2010 clients and servers and Windows 7 end of support poster.
- View the poster and click on the links to articles for more details
- Download and print it in letter, legal, or tabloid (11 x 17) formats.
Use this poster to educate IT management or plan for your transition to the next generation of Windows and Office products. You can also use this poster to start the discussion on moving your organization to Microsoft 365 Enterprise, which supports most of the destination configurations.
Microsoft Senior Technical Writer