Finding printer dialog

Copper Contributor

Hi All.

Dell laptop with windows 10pro.

Canon mg7500 series

Microsoft 365

Printing issue.

I originally installed the printer to use my WiFi, but it was “unreliable “, which I put down to my WiFi.

I then reinstalled it using a USB cable and was able to print the test page from the install dialogue, with no problem.

I set this to the default printer.

However , if I print from any of the 365 apps, the printer dialog menu takes an extremely long time to “ Finding Printers”, so much so that the app comes up with Not Responding. Eventually I will get the print, which has been in one case 2 days later.

if I try with word pad , or notepad, the print is instant.

I realise that wordpad and notepad are simple apps, compared to 365, and 365 Uses it own Printer Dialogue process, but I can only deduce that the issue lies within the 365 process.

Any suggestion gratefully accepted.

Regards

James Reilly.

1 Reply

@Jim52 Since the print happens instantly with Notepad/Wordpad, the issue seems to be in the office apps themselves.

Please check in Word Safe Mode (Run > winword /safe). At times there could be a possible issue with an add-on.

If Safe Mode fails then, try Office repair: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b4...