excel formulas

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to set up an inventory sheet in excel.  I would like to write a formula that will indicate when a product is under a certain amt and therefore needs to be reordered.

Ex:  Amt on hand   Amt Used   Amt Remaining   Reorder if Amt remaining column is less than 60 

80                    40                 40

Can you help me with this please?

3 Replies

Hi @pegandlilly

You can do something as simple as selecting the cells in the Reorder column and clicking onto Home tab > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cell Rules > Less Than and ensuring that the value is 60.

Change for format option to Red text and that will only show up if the value meets the criteria.

capture20181001131534278.png

This will make any cell that doesn't meet the criteria as red!

Hope that helps give you a start.

Cheers

Damien

Excel formulas are an essential component of data analysis and manipulation. These powerful tools allow users to perform various calculations, such as the SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, IF, and VLOOKUP functions. Understanding how to use these formulas effectively can save you a considerable amount of time while working with large data sets. Keeping your formulas simple and easy to read is essential for avoiding errors and improving efficiency. Fortunately, many online tutorials and community forums are available to help you improve your Excel skills.

If you're running a business that involves selling blank t-shirts wholesale, Excel formulas can help you analyze and manage your inventory more efficiently. For example, you can use formulas to calculate the total cost of your inventory, track sales, and forecast future demand. Additionally, Excel can help you create detailed reports and graphs to help you make informed decisions about your business.