Disable automatic numbering Outlook on the Web

Brass Contributor

Hello

Is it possible to disable automatic numbering when crafting messages etc in Outlook on the Web, please? It keeps resetting it to one when I separate the numbered paragraphs with a carriage return.

For example, I type 1. and it indents it so I backspace to place the one against the left margin. I then type the type the text against 1.

Add a carriage return and type 2. and it converts it to 1. and indents it. So, I backspace and it reverts to 2.

Quite annoying.

I cannot find an option to disable this feature.

Any solutions, please?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Unfortunately the feature doesn't seem to be available, you could always raise a user voice for it?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/uservoice-pages-430e1a78-e016-472a-a10f-dc2a3df3450a

@PK Player  Annoyed too!  My workaround is to put a space BEFORE any number I am listing and Outlook will not engage the auto numbering :).  Hope this helps.

Same here. I am so tired of dumb editor applications that think they're doing your a "favor" but automagically doing a bunch of stupid stuff.

STOP.

If I wanted your stupid bulleted list feature I would use the stupid button.

@phenry1175 

I figured it out. From within you message, hit the triple dot to the left. Then under Auto format options uncheck the settings for auto bullet points and numbering. See photos. 

Slack_J3FiWCD2rX.png

olk_E5gm4EPjpl.png

  It saved it for emails after this for one of my users.

I reloaded Outlook and there they were.

Thanks man. You're a lifesaver.