Cannot change country is causing me legal issues

Copper Contributor

Apparently, you are not allowed to change country at Microsoft 365.. neither you can change your credit card (from another country).

What happens when someone (individual) or a startup (legal entity) has to change country?

It is an unbelievable situation, having to switch off all services (off board) and then create a new Office 365 account, and migrate all the services just because you or the company decides to relocate to another country.

Seems like a massive capability miss and the customer experience is hit big time (at least in my case).

Microsoft 365 is insisting on billing and invoicing a company that does not exist any more, and the address is invalid. While me, the owner of the account, I am totally blocked - not allowed to just change the country. I am seeking legal advise at the moment, hope the product owners of Microsoft 365 realises that this is a totally not acceptable situation.

2 Replies

@mendrinos we're in the same boat as yours. Your post is almost 1 year old, but in case you still monitoring this forum... did you find a resolution to your problem?

We have the same requirement to change our M365 account from one country to another. I was on a call with a MS support and the suggestions given were to remove the old domain, create a new MS365 account and move the tenants over. But there was no specific steps given and I am afraid it would cause prolonged disruption to the users using the M365 office products.

Then I found a link that seems to allow legal entity change tied to the Microsoft Customer Agreement.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=102732

Has anyone gone down this route before?