Can I share a group calendar? I am a group member.

Copper Contributor

Hi. First of all, I've no idea if this is the right forum as I see Microsoft 365 and Office 365 ... and I don't know which is which and I thought it was the same thing.

So, with my ignorance out of the way ...

I'm on MacOS Monterey version 12.5. I have Microsoft Outlook for Mac v16.63 on a Microsoft 365 Subscription.

The requirement is to be able to share a calendar that belongs to a group, of which I am a member, to the entire company.

In my outlook, for my own calendars, I can set permissions for each of my colleagues. Which is stupidly tedious when what I want to do is say that a particular calendar is a free-for-all.

To separate my personal calendars, we have a group, that is used with the Plus Label to help manage emails from different sources to this group. I'm the owner of the group.

In this group, there's a calendar, and I want this calendar to be accessible to everyone in the company.

Whereas I can manually add people and permissions to my personal calendar, there's no option to do so for the group calendar.

Whilst I supposedly have admin rights, the web UI for Exchange Admin is overblowing. Just too much information and seemingly duplicate information depending upon which of the at least 3 different WebUI's I seem to have access to.

So. Please help! I don't know if this is an outlook, outlook admin (is there such a thing), or Exchange issue. I don't know if this is not possible via MacOS or not.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Richard.

1 Reply
Hi Richard hope you're well!
Just to clarify, is this a Microsoft 365 Group that you have created for the purpose of sharing a calendar? Will you use the other benefits of this kind of group, or is your ultimate goal just to have a shared calendar and nothing else?

How many users are in the company?

thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,
Oliwer