Camera upload turns off between sessions on Android

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Every time I launch OneDrive on my Android device, I notice that the Camera upload option (Me > Settings > OPTIONS > Camera upload) is turned off. This option always shows the message "Your photos aren't beeing uploaded". After turning it on, all the pending photos start getting uploaded. This issue is not new. It started happening some time in 2019, got fixed a couple of months later, and then started happening again two or three months later.

Device: Moto G⁴ Plus

OS version: Android 8.1.0

OneDrive version: 6.29 (Beta 2)

4 Replies
Hi there

I am also having this problem in one drove business app Android. Did you ever figure out a fox? It's so annoying..

Thanks in advance for your reply.
@travnett: I'm not having this problem anymore. It stopped happening a month ago. I'm not sure if it was fixed by the development team, but I'm so glad I don't have to worry about it anymore!

@Carlos Spörk I am having this problem too

@Diane_775: Luckily, I'm not experiencing this issue anymore. I thought it had been fixed by the developers, but it looks like that's not the case.

Honestly, I was expecting someone from the team to reach out while I was still experiencing this issue. That never happened. 

What I can tell you is that I vaguely recall performing a factory reset on my phone before realizing the issue was gone. Now, I'm not suggesting you to do the same, mainly because it took me a couple of days to finally get my phone set up the way I like it. But resetting the phone might have also have fixed any offending setting I was not aware of.

I'm sorry, but I can't provide a solution.