SOLVED

Calendar and Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I have a work email address with my boss that I have been given sharing permissions for. I am receiving new emails, but no older emails prior the point of receiving permissions. Calendar syncing is also not happening. I called the Microsoft Support desk and they are no help. The line was terrible and th

6 Replies
What kind of permissions have you been given exactly? Generally speaking, delegate permissions allow you access to (some of the) folders within bosses' mailbox, but you will not be automatically receiving any new messages. For that, you need to have some form or forwarding configured, or use the "Deliver meeting requests addressed to me and responses to meeting requests where I am the organizer" toggle. The latter only applies to calendar items, as the name suggests.

If you have been granted folder- (or mailbox-) level permissions, you can access the bosses' mailbox from within Outlook or OWA and work with all the messages therein (new and existing).

@Vasil Michev Thank you kindly for replying. I have the highest possible permissions, effectively the same as him and we have delegate receives meeting invitations set. I have attached a screenshot.

Right, so that only caters to Meeting requests, and only newly sent one. If you need to work with older items, you need to access his Calendar directly. Just to exclude any possible issues with the Outlook version you are running, I'd suggest you do some tests via the webmail/OWA.
Yes! I have been receiving meeting requests and emails that are directly sent to me. Would you know how I can change the settings to receive everything from his email address? So all old emails, everything from calendar and also one drive? I have looked around but can’t seem to get the settings right. Thanks again.
There is no single setting for that. The folder level permissions you have been granted will allow you to access his older messages via Outlook/OWA (add his mailbox as shared mailbox). To receive new messages, he needs to configure some form or forwarding. This can be done in several ways, including on his own by accessing OWA options, or configuring an Inbox rule. Alternatively, ask someone with admin permissions on your end to configure it.
For OneDrive, he can share/grant access to individual files or folders, or you can again ask an admin to grant you "secondary owner" permissions.
best response confirmed by Sunnygirl1210 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thanks so much! We were able to fix the issue.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sunnygirl1210 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thanks so much! We were able to fix the issue.

View solution in original post