Bypassing the Check Box Form Field Options Pop Up

Copper Contributor

Software I use at work spits out a coversheet/checklist that we need for every project we do. It gets spit out as an unprotected Word document. It is full of checkboxes (Yes/No/N/A). The problem is, instead of simply checking the boxes, I have to deal with a Check Box Form Field Options pop up menu each time in which I have to change the default value from not checked to checked. This is annoying and a waste of time. How do make it so I can simply check the box and move on?

I have searched endless for a solution to this and all anyone wants to do is tell me how to insert checkboxes into a document. Not at all helpful. 

1 Reply
I have literally this same question as of two days ago and would love a solid answer.

I did find a workaround that's not perfect, but might help you for your purposes. Enable the Developer tab in Word and then do the following: Developer -> Restrict Editing -> 2. Editing Restrictions -> Allow only this type of editing in the document -> Filling in form -> 3. Start enforcement -> leave password blank.

Unfortunately, that seems to potentially restrict editing in other areas of the document. So I look forward to any easier solutions someone might have for simply allowing the boxes to be checked and unchecked.