Android tablet asking for office 365 product key

Copper Contributor

I am an existing user of 365 on my Win 10 pc. I now want to install 365 on my Android tablet. The tablet is 2014 vintage but was factory reset and now claims to be Android 8.5.1.

I try install 365 and ms setup asks for my ms login, which I give successfully. Then it asks for my product key. I got the impression that my subscription meant I would not have to give this. Anyway, it asks for it - where do I find it? Or am I missing something...

Thanks, peter

5 Replies

Hello@pvpOffice ! 

This sounds a bit strange. You are correct that your Office365 credentials is the only requirement to activate Office ProPlus via Office365 

Could your perhaps provide me with some screenshots of the message that pops up ,and also tell me how you went about installing the apps. 

Kind Regards
Oliwer Sjöberg

Thank you for your help.

Here is the screenshot - sorry it is a bit blurred but it is recognisable .

I went to the ms office 365 website using the Silk browser on my Android tablet. I think I remember going to download Office 365 from there and this came up. I am a registered user of Office 365 on my PC and it did accept my login as such.

IMG_20191122_162821520.jpg

 Any ideas?

@oliwer_sundgren 

No problem! @pvpOffice 

Are you using a Office365 Home Subscription? Or an enterprise/business version? 

Looking at your screenshot it seems like you are trying to download the retail version ( office 2019 ) 

Kind Regards
Oliwer Sjöberg

@oliwer_sundgren 

I have a home version. Pretty sure it is not enterprise/business. Please tell me how to install my Android office 365 in my situation.

Many thanks,

peter

@pvpOffice Then I think that this site is a good read for you 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/download-and-install-or-reinstall-office-365-or-office-2019...

If you're on an Android then you could also try and install the needed apps from the app store.

Let me know if the above is no good for you 

kind regards

oliwer sjöberg