SOLVED

Alias allowing external sender to be forwarded to another external receiver

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We're a small organisation with a few o365 accounts only. We work closely with an election committee that currently consists of two external email accounts. 

I would like to setup an alias (i.e. election@ourdomain.com) that forwards external and internal emails to the external email accounts mentioned above. 

This is a basic feature with our recent web/email hosting company, but I have only found solutions for this to work with internal users/senders in Office 365.

In short: sender@outside.com sends an email to election@ourdomain.com and it gets forwarded to number1@election.com and number2@election.com.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Linus Axén (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Simply create a distribution group for election@yourdomain.com and two external contact objects for the two addresses, then add them as members of the group. If you want to keep a copy of each message sent to that address, you can also use a Shared mailbox/Office 365 group or simply add any other mailbox as member of the group.

Thank you! That was an easy solution to my problem! :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Linus Axén (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Simply create a distribution group for election@yourdomain.com and two external contact objects for the two addresses, then add them as members of the group. If you want to keep a copy of each message sent to that address, you can also use a Shared mailbox/Office 365 group or simply add any other mailbox as member of the group.

View solution in original post