Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

AIP Unified labels bar not showing

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I migrated my labels from AIP to the Security and Compliance Center.
Afterwards I published them to the correct group.

However I only see the "sensivity icon" in the task bar but I see no classifications.
The "show bar" is greyed out.

I'm using Office365 E5 with Office ProPlus.

3 Replies

Additional information : "Failed downloading information protection policy"

mdean@CDM-ICT 

We just uninstalled the AIP client and installed the new UL client and lost the labels on the ribbon however there is now an option in the Sensitivity icon to "Show Bar" (which happens to display the labels) however it was greyed out but after a few minutes it became available. 

I am hoping there is an group policy that will enable this so that we don't have to explain this to our end-users when we deploy the UL client. 

The current release of AIP seems to have moved the label policies from the Azure portal to the Office 365 Security & Compliance portal. I noticed when I created policies under the Azure Portal (under Azure Information Protection) that I would always get the failure to download policy error. After creating a policy under Office 365 Security & Compliance (https://protection.office.com/sensitivity?viewid=sensitivitylabelpolicies&flight=EnableMIPLabels) the Azure Information Protection Clients and Office bars immediately started to work.