Admin Portal Not Working

Copper Contributor

Is there a problem with access to the admin portal?

I am the admin for our company. I login like I have done for years and then click on Admin .. no response just spins and spins.

I need to do admin type things such as reset passwords to user accounts, create new users, manage membership on distribution lists. All things I have done many times but just cannot click thru into the Admin area. I am able to login to my account and see the icon for Admin but it just does not respond.

I have tried 4 different browsers. Same result.

6 Replies
Where is your tenant located? Yesterday it was an outage in the South US Datacenter that was affecting Azure AD causing problems when accessing Office 365. I have accessed the portal in one of my tenants, and the health dashboard is reporting there are issues when accessing the Portal...specifically the issue I told at the beginning of my message:

Users may be unable to access or use some features within the Office 365 service.

User Impact: Users may be unable to access or use some features within the Office 365 service.

More info: Users may be intermittently unable to access the Office 365 portal. Additionally, users who are able to access the service may experience the following behaviors:

Exchange – Some users were unable to access Outlook on the web, though service is now restored. Email access through other protocols was unaffected.
Power BI – A subset of users may receive a ‘Server unavailable’ error or may be unable to log in, though our monitoring indicates that availability has recovered. Further details on Power BI can be found under service incident PB147603.
SharePoint – Most impact has been mitigated, but a small subset of users may be unable to make or save changes to SharePoint sites and content. Further details on SharePoint mitigation can be found under service incidents SP147560 and SP147618.
Microsoft Teams – Users may be unable to authenticate or access Office documents within Teams. We're working to verify that this issue is now resolved. Further details on Microsoft Teams can be found under service incident TM147626.
Intune – Affected users may be intermittently unable to access the Intune portal or other functionality. Further details on Microsoft Intune can be found under service incident IT147609.
Education - Affected users may be seeing issues with services including School Data Sync and Assignments within Teams. Further details on School Data Sync can be found under service incident OE147685.

Current status: We're continuing to apply mitigations and our telemetry indicates that availability for the remaining impacted services is improving.

Scope of impact: This issue could potentially affect any of your users who are hosted out of the San Antonio data center. Impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure.

Start time: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at 9:09 AM UTC

Preliminary root cause: Extreme weather in the San Antonio area caused a data center issue, which has affected multiple Office 365 services.

Next update by: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 8:00 AM UTC
thank you Microsoft

I have no idea where our tenant is located. Is that something i can see on my admin portal?

I have been a customer (small business) of office 365 5+ years. We are located in SE Texas.

I have called this into the support but they put me on hold for half an hour to just confirm sort of that there is an issue affecting admin portal. They could not provide any further guidance.

Phone support has gone south in big way. This has forced me to post and hope for answers.

If you are located in the SE Texas, then you are pretty sure affected by the outage happening in the South US Data Center located in San Antonio. To see the information above you need to access the Admin Center, something you can't due to the issues you are having

Is this going to be resolved within the next 24 hours or is this going to be days?

I was just able to login.