Add the Recording Tab to PowerPoint Not Working

Iron Contributor

We are trying to figure out how to add the Recording tab as mentioned in the article from Microsoft regarding Migrate your content from Office Mix. Specifically the section titled "How do I turn on the Recording tab in PowerPoint?". We do not see the option to add the Recording tab on our PowerPoint installations (16.0.4266.1001) on campus. However, PowerPoint installed on home installations through Office 365 has this option.

Is there an option to make the Recording tab available in the campus installations so that our faculty can utilize the Recording tab when working with content in PowerPoint?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

John

22 Replies

Good Afternoon - this looks promising.  I've just installed the Office ADMX files to my central store and configured the GPO.  I've contacted the "Power" PowerPoint user for testing.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you for the Update!!

I added the ADMX / ADML files for Office 2016 two days ago, set the group policy, verified that the policy was applied by using gpresult, but still no recording toolbar on the Enterprise version.  Is anyone else getting it to work?

While the recording tab is not available, in the version my work uses most of the features are still available. 

Under the "Insert" tab you can add screen recordings and audio to go with the slides as one option. 

Under the "slide show" tab you can select 'Record Slide Show' - this does allow recording of the timing, Audio and use of the laser/pointer etc and to play the pre-recorded video's/audio for timing that added been added from the insert tab. 

Then simply go File>export>Create Video and save it to a location ready to upload.

Hope that is a helpful work around.