SOLVED

Add corportae disclaimer to Outlook App emails

Brass Contributor

Hi

I have added a corporate disclaimer to our O365 tenant for all corporate emails and I was wondering if there is anyway I can enforce this disclaimer on emails sent from the outlook mobile app?

Alistair

9 Replies

@Alistair Trigg 

If you set the disclaimer in Exchange admin portal, this will trigger on all clients!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/security-and-compliance/mail-flow-rules/disclaimers-signat...

Adam

@adam deltinger 

Hi

That's what I had done and it appears for emails sent from OWA but not from the mobile clients. Could it be the HTML.

Alistair

Yes, probably! What are you using it for?

@adam deltinger 

Hi

We have a subset of users who we want to append a disclaimer to their emails. I had noticed that their outlook app emails didn't have the disclaimer being added.

Hi

I think that I now understand the issue with my testing. The disclaimer appears on all email originating from the test account both withi the outlook app and the OWA, but if that user replies to an email sent to them the disclaimer doesn't appear in the reply email. It was that I had been looking at.

Is this an expected behaviour? My transport rule states "apply this rule is The sender is..."

Alistair

@Alistair Trigg 

Afaik it appears in the bottom of the mail chain! Check to see if there are multiple disclaimers in a reply you made with a disclaimer enabled user

best response confirmed by Alistair Trigg (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi guys,

That is the way it’s designed. The disclaimer will always appear at the bottom of the whole email string.

If you want it to be at the bottom of every response, together with the signature then this would require a third party app (which I can’t name because of house moderation rules) but there are a few out there which work with Office 365. These apply them to every email from Outlook, OWA and the Outlook app not just at the bottom of the email string.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Yes, been down that road before using disclaimers and ended up using a third party solution!

If you wanna go down the road of using disclaimers, I'll also suggest making exceptions to the rule when it's a reply etc, otherwise it will build up at the bottom with many disclaimers

Adam

@Christopher Hoard 

Hi Chris

That's perfect. Just looked through the email thread and they are all there. My mistake I was looking in the wrong place. That sorts it for me.

Thanks for everyone's help with this

Alistair

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alistair Trigg (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi guys,

That is the way it’s designed. The disclaimer will always appear at the bottom of the whole email string.

If you want it to be at the bottom of every response, together with the signature then this would require a third party app (which I can’t name because of house moderation rules) but there are a few out there which work with Office 365. These apply them to every email from Outlook, OWA and the Outlook app not just at the bottom of the email string.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post