Activating Microsoft Stream

Brass Contributor

Here's a conversation I had today with my very risk-averse Infrastructure Manager:

[Me]
Please would you allow MS Stream to be enabled for me?
[Infrastructure Manager]
Turning on Stream has a whole load of implications globally. I'm afraid we are just not in a position to review those implications. 
​[Me]
Does Stream need to turned on globally? I thought it was like Teams in that it is activated per users?
[Infrastructure Manager]
Teams had to have changes made globally to allow the release of teams to individuals. Stream is the same.
​[Me]
So if it the same as Teams in that respect I don't understand how it can't be managed on a per user basis for now. What global changes need turning on the ability to turn on Stream for an individual have?
[Infrastructure Manager]
Enabling a service is not just about assigning a licence.

Does anyone have any ideas what this guy might be referring to by "Teams had to have changes made globally to allow the release of teams to individuals. Stream is the same."  ?

1 Reply

@MaryHill I think he want to say the following: 

When you create a group in stream, it create an office 365 groups with a lot of implication in the background. The creation of office 365 group may be blocked in azure for example, so to allow stream efficienly, it have to be correctly setup. Eventually naming convention of office 365  groups (require an azure P1), adaptation of company policies..

Teams is also creating an office 365 groups, so...