Access error: "Query is corrupt"

Copper Contributor

Hi!

With the new update in Office 365 I have this problem with update queries. They only work for queries of the table, for the actual table it can't update it, because it says "query is corrupt". Will Microsoft fix this or this 'ill be the new norm for that?

If that's the case, I'll have to change it in a lot of programs.

Greetings!

4 Replies

@hubervin 

This is a new bug introduced by recent security updates that were released Nov 12th.  You can read up on the entire subject and solution at http://www.devhut.net/2019/11/14/access-bug-error-3340-query-is-corrupt/

@hubervin 

I have the same problem here!!

I think they messed up with the last update !

Hopefully we can find a solution soon.

I use a lot of update queries in my system.

@hubervin 

It's very hard to be positive when I'm spending 4 hours a week dealing with this issue.  Microsoft could at the very least stop sending out this bogus update.  I'm not sure what this update "fixed" but the havoc this has caused, I think it's nearly as bad as a virus would have been in the first place!

Very disappointed in Microsoft's reaction to this problem.

-Brian P.

Same here.  I don't have authority to update/uninstall updates on my user PCs.  Offending code:

' *** Process User privileges ***
Set rstTable = New ADODB.Recordset

With rstTable

Set .ActiveConnection = cn
.Source = "Select * from z_qry_Punch_IO"
.LockType = adLockOptimistic
.CursorType = adOpenKeyset
.Open

Global_USER_ID = getUserName() ' Make sure we capture this before processing

If Not .BOF Then

.MoveFirst

If !ad_id <> Global_USER_ID Then .Find "[AD_ID]='" & Global_USER_ID & "'"

End If

If Not .EOF Then
!Punch_Out = Now()
ElseIf .EOF Then
MsgBox "You are not registered in the database. Timer events are disabled. Contact your administrator for details.", vbOKOnly, "UserID not found"
GoTo Lost_ID
End If

.Update ' *** CORRUPTION NOW REPORTED ***

End With