500011 Error: I used the teams VSCode extension to make a group tabs project

Copper Contributor

"The resource principal named {name} was not found in the tenant named {tenant}. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant."

I used the teams VSCode extension to make a group tabs project and now I keep getting this error in the console or Sign in events log on the Azure Active Directory

I can't figure out how to fix this. It says:

"Developer error - the app requested access to a resource (application) that isn't installed in your tenant. If you expect the app to be installed, you may need to provide administrator permissions to add it. Check with the developers of the resource and application to understand what the right setup for your tenant"

but from what I can tell it is. Anyone encountered/solved this before?

1 Reply
Hi Kiera1880,
I googled "Sign-in error code 500011" and found your topic.

My user encountered the error,
"Azure Active Directory Account
We had trouble signing you in.
Make sure you have a valid work or school account"

This is when they tried to login their user to the Dynamics 365 Remote Assist application on 9/19/22.

I checked the non-interactive sign-in logs and could find only one "Failure" of which the error code was "500011"

"Failure reason
The resource principal named {name} was not found in the tenant named {tenant}. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant.
Additional Details
Developer error - the app requested access to a resource (application) that isn't installed in your tenant. If you expect the app to be installed, you may need to provide administrator permissions to add it. Check with the developers of the resource and application to understand what the right setup for your tenant is."

However, I verified that the user has a valid license and should have access to login to Remote Assist using the Environment App Access Checker (etcurl9999.dynamics.com/WebResources/msdyn_AppAccessChecker.html).
I also verified that they can sign into login.microsoftonline.com successfully.

What fixed this issue was: Sync the device with latest policies in Settings>Accounts>Work or school>acct>Info>Sync. >> Rebooted the device > Signed in successfully after that

I am trying to pinpoint what may have caused the error above.... Random question: May I ask if you have configured or set anything in the Accounts/AllowMicrosoftAccountConnection policy?