0365 sms mfa

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have an O365 subscription and have setup mfa on the account. I lost my phone and phonenumber and can not log in on the O365 account. Any help in guidance where I can change is appreciated.

thnxs

Janto

3 Replies

If you have no other global admins on your tenant, then you need to open a support case.
The support agent will have yosend the care over to the DPT team. You will have to wait on the DPT team to contact you. You cannot contact them. You cannot send another email, or open a new case. There is not a single thing you can do to make the process faster, you have to wait.

Default wait time is 5-7 day. They can contact you within the hour, or if it takes 30 days before they contact you, then it t will take 30 days.

it is what it is

@JantoDjamin 

Hi Janto,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost access to your phone and phone number. In this situation, you may need to contact the Microsoft support team to help you regain access to your account.

You can visit the Microsoft Account Help page and follow the steps for "I forgot my password" and "I don't have access to my phone" to begin the account recovery process. You will need to provide some information to verify your identities, such as your alternate email address, date of birth, and some recent account activity.

Once you have completed the verification process, you can reset your password and update your security settings, including your MFA settings.

If you are still having difficulty, you can contact the Microsoft support team for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more detailed guidance and help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Source: (external link removed by moderator)

@JantoDjamin 

You may contact your global admin or Microsoft support to solve this problem