SOLVED

Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone. So here I have a starting tenant with a starting Sharepoint list. Now I want to integrate it into an arrival tenant with an arrival Sharepoint list. How to do this using powershell?

4 Replies

@Numberone1 Can you please explain more about your requirements? what is "arrival tenant" & what exactly you mean by "integrate"?

If you want to copy list/site/tenant structure, check this documentation of PnP provisioning engine: Introducing the PnP provisioning engine 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap A Sharepoint list of data that I want to move from account A to account B.
best response confirmed by Numberone1 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Numberone1,

For list data migration, you can use Microsoft supported SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) or 3rd party tool like ShareGate Desktop

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Numberone1 

I know this already has best answer but the initial question was to use powershell and, at least I think so, to move List with data from Tenant A to Tenant B. If this is something that simple we could do it using following commands in PnP Powershell:

# step 1. connect to some site where is the list on tenant A
 Connect-PnPOnline -Url "https://SiteUrlFromTenantA"
 # step 2. get list template
 Get-PnPSiteTemplate -Out "C:\TempDemo.xml" -ListsToExtract "testList" -Handlers Lists -Force
 # step 3. populate list template with data
 Add-PnPDataRowsToSiteTemplate -Path "C:\TempDemo.xml" -List "testList"
 # step 4. disconnect from tenant A
 Disconnect-PnPOnline
 # step 5. connect to some site where is the list on tenant B
 Connect-PnPOnline -Url "https://SiteUrlFromTenantB"
 # step 6. apply the list template with data
 Invoke-PnPSiteTemplate -Path "C:\TempDemo.xml"

I hope this will be of any help :) 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Numberone1 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Numberone1,

For list data migration, you can use Microsoft supported SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) or 3rd party tool like ShareGate Desktop

View solution in original post