SOLVED

Power query for Mac

Copper Contributor

In my MS excel, the GET DATA power query button missing, how can I get it please help

28 Replies
best response confirmed by Kundan1275 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kundan1275 ,

Make sure your Excel is up to date. Data Query should be in Data tab. see below.

Adin_Calkic_0-1651322657558.png

@Adin_Calkic Thank you for your response, I'm using version 16.62, which is the latest, but there is no power queryScreenshot 2022-04-30 at 22.11.21.png

Hi @Kundan1275 ,

Try to see if there is a option in properties. If you can't find it - you probably have different subscription.

Adin_Calkic_0-1651337668731.png

Adin_Calkic_1-1651337675029.png

Adin_Calkic_2-1651337685298.png

Switch to all commands, if you see it you can move to the right.

appreciate your help, but it's now working this way. are you using Microsoft 365?

Hi @Kundan1275 ,

try to uninstall/reinstall.

yes, I have M365 subscription.

Adin_Calkic_0-1651341520987.png

sure, I'll try this
Your screen shot is of Microsoft Excel 2016, not Office 2021 beta. You must open the current version of Excel to see the PowerQuery features.

Hi. Even though i have installed the latest version available for excel i.e. 16.62 but still i can't find the power query in the data tab. There is a tab of Get external data but i can't import data from a URL as the option of the same is not there. pls help

@JimGMac 

Hi. Even though i have installed the latest version available for excel i.e. 16.62 but still i can't find the power query in the data tab. There is a tab of Get external data but i can't import data from a URL as the option of the same is not there. pls help

@Jaitaps The latest beta channel version is 16.64.  Here is a screen shot of the connectors available to SOME beta channel testers. Keep in mind that not all beta channel testers are provided with every new feature as it is being tested. There is usually a control group that does not get the new features.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 1.48.48 PM.png

@JimGMac Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, for me only 3 options i.e. From text, from HTML and from database is available which is not resolving my purpose. Basically i wanted to link a database from a website into excel and all the tutorials on youtube show either power query or from table as the option to do the same. is there any way i can do this in my excel?

@Jaitaps 

Excel for Mac still supports web queries. You can learn how to make and use web queries here:

Making and using Excel Web Queries (agentjim.com)

@JimGMac 

I am having a similar issue. Can see Power query and can connect .csv however, can not access 'launch power query editor'

I am on 16.64

@Chris_BWC Here are the steps to take:

1. On the Data tab of the Ribbon, click the Get Data (Power Query) button
  2. In the file browser, select the csv file you wish to use and then click the Get Data button
  3. In the resulting dialog click the Next button
  4. In the Preview file data dialog click the Transform Data button in the lower right corner

The PowerQuery editor will then display.

There is no "Transform Data" button shown in lower right corner. The only buttons displayed are: "LOAD" and "CANCEL"

Morkus2Office_0-1657220911010.png

The Transform data button is totally missing.

I've also tried using the preview channel.

My version of Excel 365 is 16.64 (latest version as of 2022-07-06).

---

Would appreciate any ideas how to get this feature to work without having to start Windows...

Hi again

Is your Mac OS system set to US English? I don't think localizations of the editor have rolled out yet.
Yes.
Any idea when Transform Data will be available on Mac?
Thanks

@Morkus2Office 

Transform Data is now available to Office 365 subscribers who have current updates installed. It may require a specific license type and US English as the system language. Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 12.29.18 PM.pngPicture1.png

Yes, I have US English, and the latest version of Excel 365 (16.64). But as I've said above, there is NO Transform data shown. It's just CANCEL LOAD. That's all.
It's weird you have different functionality. I guess I need to open a trouble ticket with MS.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kundan1275 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kundan1275 ,

Make sure your Excel is up to date. Data Query should be in Data tab. see below.

Adin_Calkic_0-1651322657558.png

View solution in original post