SOLVED

Office 365 (Word, Excel.. etc) Crashing after updating to version 2001 Insider

MVP

I'm using Office 365 ProPlus version 2001 (build 12410.200000) Insider

It just got upgraded to this version. after the updates were installed, these programs are crashing 5 seconds after I open them. tried restarting my computer but didn't fix it.

• Word
  • Excel
  • Powerpoint

These are Not crashing

• Outlook
  • Access
  • Publisher
  • OneNote 2016
7 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Can you please try doing an Online Repair for Office to see if that resolves your issues? You can do this by going to Windows Settings>Apps & Features>Microsoft Office>Modify>Online Repair. Please keep me posted on how that goes.

Thanks. 

Hi,
thank you, if i do that, will i still stay on the Insider channel or will it revert it back to the stable channel?

@HotCakeX Doing an Online Repair will keep you on the Insider build. 

best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

I just finished doing that but it's still the same, i think i have to switch back to the stable channel for a while.

UPDATE:

after updating my Windows 10 insider fast ring from build 19041 to 19536 (the next build), i tried once again enrolling my Office 365 proplus from stable to insider preview, and i was still having the same crash problem. filled a problem report on feedback hub app with a problem repro.

now instead of insider channel of Office 365, i chose the monthly targeted channel. it's still part of the preview builds of Office insider but i think it's like slow ring of Office insider.

So on build 1912 (monthly channel - targeted) i have no crash.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

I just finished doing that but it's still the same, i think i have to switch back to the stable channel for a while.

UPDATE:

after updating my Windows 10 insider fast ring from build 19041 to 19536 (the next build), i tried once again enrolling my Office 365 proplus from stable to insider preview, and i was still having the same crash problem. filled a problem report on feedback hub app with a problem repro.

now instead of insider channel of Office 365, i chose the monthly targeted channel. it's still part of the preview builds of Office insider but i think it's like slow ring of Office insider.

So on build 1912 (monthly channel - targeted) i have no crash.

View solution in original post