Help! OneNote iOS app images are replaced with a red X ❌

Copper Contributor

B4041B31-B193-4F5F-8BF1-B9013894E01A.jpeg

Hi, I have an urgent issue. My onenote notes are fine on my laptop, but on my iPhone, today most images have been replace with a white box containing an X. I’ve tried everything eg re-installing, signing out, resetting my phone, using another phone - and still the same.

I did a test where i pasted some images to a new notebook from my laptop and found that copied and pasted images show as white with the red X, while snip and sketch images are unaffected. The onenote iOS app was updated yesterday so I think it’s the update’s fault. I use the onenote app for studying so if someone could please help ASAP that’d be great!

Sammy

3 Replies
@Sarcasam I'm having the exact same issue. OneNote has been working perfectly until today. I tried to remove the page and readd it. No luck. The picture shows on my PC. Doesn't show on my iPad. I can even see the picture in the thumbnail on my iPad page listing but not on the page itself. And not all pictures. Most show up fine. But I have an 8.5x14 image that I copied from a PPT slide that doesn't want to display when I copy and paste it into OneNote. Snip worked for me, too. But I can't cut and paste.

@Sarcasam Me and many of my colleagues have the same problem. A red X appears on the iPad for various images of different formats. If the corresponding pages are opened with OneNote Win10, the Android OneNote app or the web app, the images can be seen.

@serters it looks like a fix went out for OneNote today that resolved this problem