Compatability Assistant Notifications

Copper Contributor

I'm not too sure if this is the correct place to post this question, or if it's a Windows 10 thing, but here goes.

I'm running the latest Insider Preview of Windows 10 (20291) and also the Latest version of Microsoft 365 (I'm on the Office Insider build btw, latest version).

Now, this is the strange bit, each time I boot up, I get notifications for each of the Apps in my Microsoft 365 suite that all say the same, that the Compatability Assistant states that Microsoft Office is no longer available, the App was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of windows. It gives two options, Learn More and Dismiss.

If I click on the 'Learn More' button, it then proceeds to take me to the following website:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/10581/windows-10-app-not-work

The whole thing is all in German, so I have no idea as to what is going on. I'm not sure if it's some virus, a scam, or genuine. (I tried running translate, but it just sits there for ages 'translating').

Thing is, the apps are NOT removed from my system, and work perfectly, so why I'm getting this message is starting to get really annoying, and worrying too.

Anyone else having this happen, and if so, how did you stop it, or fix the problem?

1 Reply

Hello @bryan gee,

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like you're getting a Windows notifications about the Office apps. I'd suggest post on the Windows Insider Tech Community page or reaching out to support.

Thanks,

Evan