Some groups do not synchronize (Microsoft 365)

Copper Contributor

Hello, I have a problem with shared emails in a group. In OWA (Outlook on the web) everything works, but the groups do not update in the desktop application. I get the message that "this folder has not been updated yet" (no synchronisation).
Some group folders update normally in the desktop application, but not all.

10 Replies

I have got another error. I created a new group as admin and the group does not appear in Outlook (even it is not present in the Outlook web application (OWA)).

This is an addational error to the others concerning groups in Microsoft 365.

We have a report of the same issue. A Microsoft 365 Group that includes a calendar. At least one user has issues with the calendar in their desktop application. Same message as above. In OWA it seems to be fine. The group is not new, created in 2019, the user isn't a new addition -- they've been a part of the group since it's inception.
It seems to me it has something to do with the "Exchange Cache Mode". When we deactivate the "Exchange Cache" and restart Outlook and activate the "Cache Mode" again, sometimes Outlook Desktop seems to work again, unfortunatly the problems will return. Sometimes everything runs fine after this "fix", but the problems can be back in minutes, hours, days or weeks.
We have a new issue: Even emails do not synchronize with Outlook Desktop with one user account. OWA has no problems at all.
Same issue here. Only one group doesn't synchronize, waiting for a solution.
Hi Malik
Did you manage to solve this problem i too am facing the same issue tried reinstalling Outlook desktop app, works for some hours and stops synching.

@pmatipanoYes, we solved it. It was an option in the admin center. I wrote it in another group. I am not sure what option it was, but it was pretty obvious.

The only chance is the admin center.

@Maik_Oellerich 

Oo great let me do some looking in the admin center, would you know which group you posted the  solution

@pmatipano @Maik_Oellerich 

Hello, 

I got the same issue, did you find the option in the admin center who resolve it ?

Cheers

We Uninstalled office and then force shut windows and reinstalled it and its now working, it boggles the mind as to what was going on, i am so afraid it might come back again

Thx

I gonna try that, see how it react.

I hope to find an other work around.... ^^