Shared Calendar Appointment Detail Not Displaying In Outlook 2016

Brass Contributor

We are having an issue where group members can only see "Free/Busy" for event details in our shared Group Calendar in Outlook 2016.  They are able to see full event details when accessing the Group Calender in a browser.  I can't seem to find an answer anywhere of why this is occurring.  Anyone know what I might be oerlooking? 

5 Replies

Brad did you ever find an answer to this question?

I know when I had created room calendars I had to use some powershell so that calendar details would show up.  Here is the script I was using

$name = Read-Host 'What is the conference room name?'
$email = Read-Host 'What is the Email Address ?'
$rl = read-host 'What is name of room list'
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ${name}:\calendar -User default -AccessRights LimitedDetails
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity $name -AddOrganizerToSubject $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false
add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ${name}:\calendar -User "username/groupname" -AccessRights owner
Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity $rl -Member $email

Hope this helps.

I have same question

This is what I am seeing for some of my groups. Others work fine.

The reason users just see Free/Busy is because the Outlook Group calendar was added from the Shared Calendars list.

Follow these steps in Outlook to add an Outlook Group calendar properly so you can see the appointment/meeting details:

1) In mailbox view, click to expand Groups.  Groups they are a member of will be shown.
2) Right click the group that has the calendar they want.  A context menu will appear.
3) Select “Add to Favorites…” in the context menu.  The group will now show in their Favorites list.
4) Switch to calendar view.
5) Under My Calendars, select the textbox next to the desired group.  Do not select the checkbox under Shared Calendars.  The calendar will now appear with all appointment and meeting details next to their personal calendar.

These instructions apply to Outlook 2016.

This is working for me now.