Possibility to restrict Group Connectors

Brass Contributor

Is there/will there be a way to exclude certain unwanted connectors from the list of Connectors in Office Groups?

6 Replies

I have been asked this same question, but don't have the answer.  Hoping someone does.

I don't think you can, at least not yet. @Tony Redmond or @Christophe Fiessinger might be able to give a proper answer.

I think @Vasil Michev is correct. Indeed you can only disable connectors at the tenant level or the Group level: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Connect-apps-to-your-groups-ed0ce547-038f-4902-b9b3-9e518ae...

Yep. That's my understanding too. There's no way at present to restrict the set of connectors that can be linked to a group. However, you could restrict the ownership of groups to people whom you trust to set up connectors.

It's coming, and was discussed in the session on Microsoft Flow at Ignite on Thursday, see the full video below.

Connectors are a suite wide feature, used in Groups now but coming to the inbox, Yammer, Flow and PowerApps. As an admin you'll be able to control their general availability, as well as a DLP feature where you can define their value of the data accessed by each connector. For example you might declare Groups, SharePoint and Dynamics as business data, and Twitter, Instagram as Public data, then allow public to update business data, but not the other way round. It's very cool.