Our Site link in Groups still redirects people to the Shared Documents Library

Silver Contributor

Our "Site" link in our test Groups still redirects people to the Shared Documents Library.  I can only get to the site by manually typing in the /sitepages/home.aspx

Should this be automatic at this point, or is the link still rolling out?

17 Replies
I'm seeing working automatically in my tenants

I am seeing the same in my tenant and find it frustrating that all of the navigation points to something that doesn't seem to exist yet.  I am curious why it is taking so long.

I'm seeing this in my test tenant but its not occurring on all of my groups. Groups created recently are ok, but previous groups are stuck

So you have a group that stays in the group when you click documents?

For us, when you click on "Sites", it takes you to the document library "Shared Documents" for the site. There is no way to get to the Group team site home page without manually typing in the URL.
I have the same issue which i quite annoying and all links from the site homepage if you enter it manually redirect to the documents page.

It is still sending me to documents as well

Is there a way to oversome this without creating new groups?

I am still having this same problem

You may try to remove all the cookies for sharepoint.com I think it helps to see the new things faster.

No cookie issue. Just tried it on a PC the first time with a 2 hour old group and a 3 weeks old group.

If I click on the link "Website" it directs me to the doclib.

Fiddler shows me that there is a HTTP 302 Redirect pointing to the DocLib.

I think I tried this the other day and it didn't work and now it does. Perhaps the rollout marches a long??
I edited the home page in my one of my groups and that made the home page become the new default for the group site. When navigating from both Outlook Groups and SharePoint I get to the home page now. Might be a work around or by design. I'm not sure. Regardless, I love the new home pages and they are so easy to edit.
Maybe there is also an issue with tenants where just some users are marked as "first release"
Are you still experiencing this behavior? The main reason the Site tab would have redirected to the doclib in SP is because the 'Groups get sites' flight was still being rolled out. Should be working for all FR users/tenants now. Please let us know if this is not the case.
I suspect some of the issues lie in the fact that we have "modern" features turned off in the SP Admin Center. What I am finding is if I manually go to the doc lib of the Group, and set it to force use the "New Experience", the link starts working as expected. Otherwise, it is hit and miss.

I am still getting this. A new group created today and most of our old groups still do this. I have managed to get one group to point to the right home page but I really don't now how I did that. All the others stay pointing to documents when you choose Home. 

We have first release on for just a selection of users. This is the only thing I can think of - the group that works contains only First Release people. All the others do not. Having said that, there's another group I just created that does only contain First Release people, and this still behaves wrong. So it's not as simple as I thought. 

Looks better now when creating a new site but there is still some missmatch when clicking on "Websitecontent".

Navigation on the left is just pointing to groups, but nothing SharePoint related.