Option to stop sending group conversations to e-mail

Brass Contributor

Whenever you reply to someones post in a group conversation the reply is sent to the group AND the users emailadress. This accumulates over time so if you have a conversation with many people involved, by the end you are basically just sending a regular e-mail to everyone PLUS the group.

You can bypass this by popping out the reply and manually removing the "to"-addresses until only the group e-mail remains. This is inconvenient and unneccessary additional work.

For me, the idea of a group conversation is to have the conversation in that group, not cluttering down ones regular inbox.

Am I missing some setting or is there simply no way around have a group conversation reply send the reply to every involved inbox as well?

Kind regards,

Joacim

2 Replies

Well, the default action in the UI is "reply all", if you simply use Reply it should follow the behavior you want.

No, actually "reply" does the exact opposite of what I want to do.

If Person A initates a discussion in Group 1 and Person B chooses Reply instead of Reply all this means a message to Person A only. I want the default to be reply to the group only. 

The whole idea of a group conversation is lost if default is e-mail to individual persons instead of the group.