New Group Members not seeing Appointments

Copper Contributor

We are trying to determine why members that recently have joined a group do not see meetings that were scheduled before they joined, but are set for future dates. The one particular instance I'm chasing is a recurring meeting that was created before I joined the group. The person who created the invite has also updated the meeting details, should this not kick off some trigger to new groupies? Office 365 support has indicated that this is expected behavior. Would like to get a firm answer.

57 Replies

My team is seeing the same behavior.  New members of the group are not getting existing, recurring group meetings added to their calendars.  This is super annoying and defeats one of the main reaons we wanted to use groups.  Are there any solutions yet?

I am having this exact issue at our company too. Has this been resolved yet?
I am also looking for an update here..

Hi,

i had an support case for this issue and this is the (bad) response:

"When adding a new member to a channel, the new member will not get the recurring appointment automatically. Its by design. Hence, when adding a new user to the Channel, you need to manually re-set the calendar one time. There is no need to resend a calendar invite once a month after resetting."

This is still a really big problem at my company. People are getting multiple meeting notices to the same meeting because we have to resend, which really makes higher-ups not happy. Please fix this.

@ChristophSchuster what does "reset" mean. This is a very frustrating issue and I really dont understand why it has been ongoing for years. Seems like it should be simple to solve.

Same question here: What exactly does "reset" mean?
We added a user to an O365-Group. She can see the calendar in here Outlook, she can add appointments and everybody in the team can see the appointments she added.
But she cannot the appointments other made, doesn't matter if current events/appointments oder new events/appointments
I also tested this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/new-outlook-365-members-group-calendar/bcf2d4...
And then deleted the person from the O365 Group and added the person again.
Problems remain:
- She can add appointments in outlook (the windows program) to the group calendar, all other persons can see her appointments. She can't see the appointments that are created by others
- in Outlook ONLINE she can see all appointments (her appointments and the ones made by others). Adding new appointments here also works, but it seems not be synchronized to outlook (the windows program), meaning other persons also don't see the appointments that she made in Outlook ONLINE

Any help?
We are having the same issue as everyone else and it is causing HUGE issues for our company. We have too many recurring meetings among groups to remember to reset them every time we add a New Hire or new Team Member to a group. We have the same clear expectations as noted by others:

1) Schedule recurring meetings in O365 group
2) New hire/ new user is added to the group
3) Recurring meetings in the O365 group/team are automatically visible OR sent as an email to the new user to add to his/her personal calendar

Hi Robert Did this ever got fixed for you?

anyways, one thing i found is, it works for a public group and doesn't work for a private group. when I change a group from private to public it continues to not work. so creating public dynamic groups is the work around but unfortunately we created private groups and we've been using it for a long time. facepalm!

Same experience and expectations here. How do we get this escalated for an answer as to what is expected behaviour so we can then raise feedback?
We are facing the exact same issue. Newly added members in O365 Group don't get invites in their personnal Calendar (ex : from reoccuring meeting that were previously organized). We have to refresh the reoccuring meeting and send again the invite. Is this the normal behavior ? We had no such issue in Google agenda.
I've been looking for answers on this. I found a post where someone suggested changing the group setting under "Subscription" to on. When I add users they now seem to get two emails - one welcoming them to the team and one which lists upcoming meetings and gives them a button to add them to their calendar. This doesn't always seem to happen but that could be due to testing multiple times with the same user.
We are having the same issues as everyone else and it is causing HUGE issues for our company and many hours of wasted frustration.
We have a hybrid microsoft environment with MS365 and exchange in the cloud now.
We use the newest MS365 on our clients.

We have too many recurring meetings among groups to remember to reset them every time we add a New Hire or new Team Member to a group. We have the same clear expectations as noted by others:

1) Schedule recurring meetings in O365 group
2) New hire/ new user is added to the group
3) Recurring meetings in the O365 group/team are automatically visible OR sent as an email to the new user to add to his/her personal calendar
Glad (in a way) to see a post from 2023. We have the same issue at our workplace, and it seems incredible that Microsoft has not fixed the issue 6 years after the original post.....
Extremely frustrating. This totally defeats the purpose of having groups.
I have just posted this on microsoft new feedback portal with a reference:
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/979f35d2-0706-ee11-a81c-000d3a7a48db

You may comment and vote on it to make them prioritize it :)

Thanks @nicoserup -- done!!

Not a long term fix but I was able to get the user to force the email that allows them to add the events by going to the group in outlook, then on the Home tab -> Group Settings changing the "Follow in Inbox" setting from "All Email and Events" to "No Email of Events" then immediately swapping it back.