New feature: Upload files to your group in Outlook Groups for Android

Microsoft

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Today, I’d like to share that in the latest release of Outlook Groups app for Android, you can upload pictures and other files from your device's folders, OneDrive (personal or business), or any other connected service to your group!

Go ahead and share your holiday celebrations and new year’s resolutions with your group. If you feel that you have too many photos and files to share—you can go ahead and create a folder as well.

I personally went to Taiwan, so I’ll be sharing some pictures with my groups.

Screenshot_20170104-182737[1].pngScreenshot_20170104-182752[1].pngScreenshot_20170104-182856[1].pngScreenshot_20170104-182959[1].png

If your new year’s resolution is on paper, you can always use Office Lens to scan it, then upload it a group.

As always, leave us a message here or UserVoice for things you’d like to see next!

2 Replies
Nice new feature for the Groups Android App...quick question: are you thinking on having only one App for Groups and SharePoint sites? They look very similar and allow to potentially do the same @Christophe Fiessinger @Mark Kashman

@Juan Carlos González Martín,

At this moment, we do not have any plans to merge the Groups app with the SharePoint app. Although they both access the document library, each app has their own focus and specialty.

Just like how one can also upload files via the new file experience for groups in Outlook on the web in additional to via the SharePoint document library, we're hoping to make it easier to upload documents to share with other group members as easy as possible.