[New!] Drag and drop conversations into groups

Microsoft

Good news! We're currently rolling out drag and drop for messages and conversations into groups in Outlook on the web first for First Release customers, then Standard release customers.

It's much easier to explain with a GIF:

dnd2.gif

Support for Outlook 2016 for Windows is coming soon--stay tuned.

You can find the documentation here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/24e809db-70e1-45b7-8d54-efac7951dc95

123 Replies
"Set regarding" in Dynamics CRM somehow is more like this, but only supports one association.
A problem with having "group" adresses in the to/cc/bcc fields is that people who replies to an e-mail might want to interfer by deleting that group e-mail adress to "control" whom recieves the email.

Hi, is there any update on this for Outlook 2016?

@Matthew Harahush, are you in conversation (threaded) view, or message (individual messages) view? In the conversation view, we've limited it to 1 conversation at a time.

@Johan Gustavsen, thanks for the feedback.

@Ivan Unger + @Matthew Harahush, we are still actively working on this for Outlook for Windows, stay tuned!

Hi Ethan - we are eagerly awaiting this feature for Outlook Desktop too.

Any details you have on a release date, I'd be keen to know please.

It will form an important facet of a how we want to use Groups for managing projects.

Thanks, Joe

This has now changed to "Rolling Out" from in "In Development" - @Ethan Li, how can we enable our 0365 tenant to be included in the initial rollout of this? We would be very keen to have it enabled for testing rather than waiting for it to be bundled with a quarterly update. Cheers

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=%26freeformsearch=outlook%20dr...

@Ethan Li, Do you plan to offer more than drag and drop? If we are a member of many groups (more than 25) it becomes very hard to navigate within a randomly ordered list of groups.

It would be nice to have a right-click / toolbar button to «Send/move to group» that would open a popup window to search / select the group.

3rd parties products figured that out.

Hi @Joe McGiven Corban,

in details they say rollout is Q4 2018.

Tomas

Hi @Ethan Li or anyone else at MS... any news on this?! Seems to be taking a long time. Referring to this, it say August 2018. So I assume it'll be in a monthly channel release soon for O365 Pro Plus?

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=%26freeformsearch=outlook%20dr...

Really would be good to have drag and drop available for Outlook for Windows... so important. Also, the ability to create folders in 0365 Group mailboxes would be ideal too.

An update would be great... this... feature... is... taking... soooooo... long...

Is there a way to do this programmatically? Using Microsoft Graph, I don't seems to be able to copy mail to a Office 365 Groups.

Hi @Ethan Li or anyone else at Microsoft - how come the release date for this has been blown out to Q2 in 2020...??!! That is so long away. Is this wrong? That's what it says here on 17th September 2018, but could it just be a bit typo? We really could use this functionality, it's a shame it's taking so long...

Hi,

Is this feature still planned to be launched on Outlok 2016 Win?

We need this functionality now. It should have been released when the groups were released.

@Joe McGiven Corban I'm with you on this point, we really need drag & drop in Groups for Outlook Desktop as soon as possible !

@Ethan Li. without this feature, we will need to go with a 3rd party app, which will cost us a lot of money just for this feature ... Please keep us posted about all this !

Goodness, my client can't SHOUT loud enough for this feature in Outlook. They work 99% in the desktop client and rarely use OWA. I've got monthly (targeted) on my test VM and it's not in there either. Insider channel maybe? Come on Microsoft, we're screaming for this.

@Ethan Li posted this over a year ago now.

Sure.... the Drag and Drop for Web works fine... but if you're in the Office, of course you would rather use Outlook for Windows... it's a much richer experience. Yet being on Office 365 Pro Plus Monthly Channel and Office 365 Targeted Release for Web... there is still no progress on this.

The Roadmap item keeps getting pushed out, and no one at Microsoft seems to know what's going on (....and although it was great that @Ethan Li to provide details on this originally, he has gone dead quiet on this feature of late). 

.........what's happening Microsoft?

I second that!

What is happening with this one, it has been on "rolling out" on your roadmap since forewer...

What does status "Rollout out" mean on the roadmap? I've got monthly targeted on my dev VM and it's not got this feature yet as we're >Q3 now.

Ethan,

You stated that it is possible to drag and drop up to 100 individual messages at a time.  Recently, it appears that this functionality has been removed as we can only now drag one at a time.  Any insights?

Hi guys,

I just checked for an update. So the original roadmap item has been canceled and moved to another one with ETA Q4 2019. That means we have to wait another year :) I would like to suggest to support the effort to promote folders creation option as well, because without folders it is useless anyhow. As of now I believe it is top 3rd rated feature in UserVoice.

See more here here.

Cheers Tomas